What is workplace giving?
Workplace Giving - The GreaterGood way is a simple and effective way for your workplace to contribute to charity.
It's a structured means for employers and employees to donate to charitable causes with deductible gift recipient status, through automated payroll deductions.
If 10% of the Australian workforce donated $5 each week from their salary, an extra $250 million each year would be raised for charity.
What's in it for employers?
- Demonstrates a strong sense of community commitment.
- Raises corporate profile in the community.
- Enhances your bond with employees.
- A highly valuable marketing tool.
- Capacity to match employee donations.
- A strong team and morale building tool.
- Cost effective with minimal administration.
What's in it for employees?
- 100% tax deductibility.
- Group certificate records annual deductible donation.
- Donation without pressure from fundraisers.
- No more riffling through wallets for spare change for doorknockers.
- No matter how small your donation is, it will make a difference.
- Flexibility to join, alter to suit budget or withdraw at any time.
- Enhances the relationship between staff.
- Practical, hassle-free and highly effective.
What's in it for the community?
- Regular, ongoing and stable income to charities.
- No expensive 'middleman'.
- Elimination of fundraising costs.
- Low administrative cost - 100% of donations go straight to work earning income - a preferable alternative to expensive fundraising.
You and your team can watch your scheme grow and collectively participate in recommending recipient charities each year. Your account's growth provides motivation and in time, the annual income passing to charities will grow to exceed annual workplace contributions.
Your staff circular/journal is an excellent way to promote the scheme and advise of progress.
A GreaterGood workplace giving account can achieve all this for employers in a cost effective way, keeping staff involved and allowing the account to be self-promoting.
Contact our friendly staff at GreaterGood by calling (02) 6207 9800 or by sending us an email using our contact form.
Our Gift Officers are available to attend your workplace and explain the workplace giving concept to your management and staff.
- Australian Taxation Office: How to set up a Workplace Giving program